Recent General Posts
SERVPRO of Weymouth, Hingham & Quincy Names Tristine Kelly Executive Account Manager
SERVPRO of Weymouth, Hingham & Quincy announced the addition of Tristine Kelly as Executive Account Manager. With extensive experience in the field of customer service, Tristine will work to expand SERVPRO of Weymouth’s services throughout the region.
In this position Tristine will work closely with the management team at SERVPRO of Weymouth. Additionally, she will be responsible for accelerating sales volume by creating new customer relationships while further developing existing accounts.
“We welcome Tristine to the SERVPRO of Weymouth team,” said Julio Capo, General Manager of SERVPRO of Weymouth. “She has an exceptional commitment to her customers, and is highly skilled in relationship building.”
Prior to joining SERVPRO Tristine served as Client Relationship Representative for Kforce in Boston, MA. During her time there she gained experience in business development, and building and maintaining client relationships. Dedicated to maximizing client satisfaction, Tristine has worked in many customer service roles in the financial and hospitality industries. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Massachusetts.
What You Can Do to Save on Your Heating Bill
Any season is a good season to save energy costs. With winter approaching, however, it’s even more critical as prices for home heating fuel are as volatile as ever.
The U.S. Department of Energy has the following fuel saving tips for consumers:
- Look for furnaces with annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) ratings of no less than 78 percent.
- Place heat-resistant radiator reflectors between exterior walls and radiators.
- Bleed trapped air from hot water radiators once or twice a season or have a professional do it.
- Clean warm-air registers and baseboard heaters and make sure they are not blocked by furniture, carpeting or drapes.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces once a month or as needed.
- To retain heat, turn off kitchen, bath and other ventilating fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing.
- Install a programmable thermostat that can adjust the temperature according to your work schedule and sleeping habits.
- Energy Star products can cut energy bills up to 30 percent. Locate retailers online at www.energystar.gov when replacing heating systems, appliances, lighting, windows, office equipment and home electronics.
- Insulate hot water heaters and pipes.
- Make sure your furnace or heat pump is tuned up by a professional at least once a year.
Is your home or business sick?
According to the World Health Organization, poor indoor air quality costs $60 billion in sick time and lost production.
Poor air quality within buildings and homes can have a detrimental effect on infants and children, pregnant women, and the elderly, as well as individuals with compromised immune systems and respiratory systems and asthma and allergies.
Mold is the main culprit for poor indoor air quality, and while found naturally in the environment, an overabundance within buildings and homes can make people ill. The EPA estimates that 50 to 100 common indoor mold types have the potential for creating health problems.
While it is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores, growth can be reduced by controlling moisture within your home or business:
- Correct any water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units
- Properly maintain humidifiers
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials
Dirty ducts often circulate odors and contaminates like mold and dust throughout a building or home. Inspecting a buildings ductwork is the first order of business for your SERVPRO of Weymouth professional. Utilizing our exclusive Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning system, we will make a clean sweep of years of built up grime and dust.
SERVPRO of Weymouth understands that you only have one chance to make a first impression. Using safe and biodegradable products, SERVPRO of Weymouth professionals will create a clean, fresh and long lasting impression.
SERVPRO of Weymouth can help you impress customers, family and friends by providing you
with the following services:
- Cleaning dirty and stained ceilings
- Scrubbing foyers and cleaning furniture and draperies
- Establishing maintenance plans for furnishings, carpets and draperies
- Cleaning HVAC & air duct systems
SERVPRO professionals can explain all the necessary steps.
A puffback is a messy furnace malfunction that occurs when an oil burner backfires, sending soot throughout the interior of a home. It can happen all at once, covering the interior in grimy soot, or it can leak soot more gradually.
Initially, many people mistake soot for dust and simply wipe it away. However, once cleaned, this “dust” often reappears and can sometimes be accompanied by a strong, oily odor. There are several steps your clients can take to prevent damage to their home. Remind them to:
- Have the oil-burning furnace professionally checked and cleaned annually.
- Keep an eye out for traces of soot around their home.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor. Puffbacks (and the soot they create) will increase the carbon monoxide levels in their home. A carbon monoxide monitor can help to detect the puffback in its early stages.
If soot begins accumulating on objects or walls within their home, they should turn off the heating system immediately. Contact a heating professional to service the heater and restore it to proper working order.
Fortunately, if your client does experience a puffback, SERVPRO has the knowledge and experience to complete a thorough cleaning and removal of any soot and odors. Our Fire Restoration Team will respond immediately and make it look Like it never even happened®.
For more information on puffbacks and how they can be prevented, call SERVPRO of Weymouth at (781)337-0344.
Frank Mattos Awarded SERVPRO CEO Award
Local SERVPRO franchise owner, Frank Mattos, was recently recognized with SERVPRO Industries, Inc.’s CEO Award for “Creating an Excellent Organization.” The award acknowledges offices with an outstanding work environment, and it is the second time Mattos has received this honor.
Mattos is the owner of Mattos & Associates, Inc., a management and business development company that operates SERVPRO of Providence, Warwick/East Greenwich, Cranston; SERVPRO of Boston Downtown, Back Bay & South Boston; SERVPRO of Weymouth & Hingham; and SERVPRO of Quincy.
Mattos’ SERVPRO franchises rank in the top ten of all national SERVPRO franchises, and he previously has been awarded “SERVPRO Franchise of the Year,” which recognizes the top franchisee for loyalty, support, attitude and growth within the SERVPRO system. A recognized leader within the SERVPRO system, Mattos is a Team Member of the national SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team, which provides commercial disaster recovery services for commercial large losses throughout the country.
“This recognition reflects the focus of our team members who continuously aspire to achieve professional and personal success,” said Mattos. “Our organization is focused on providing exemplary customer service, and I am proud of our entire team for rising to the occasion during one of busiest times of the year.”
ABOUT MATTOS & ASSOCIATES
Mattos & Associates, LLC manages SERVPRO of Providence, SERVPRO of Weymouth & Hingham, and SERVPRO of Boston Downtown/Back Bay/South Boston, which provide fire and water cleanup and restoration for homes and businesses in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Mattos’ SERVPRO franchises currently are ranked in the top ten among the 1,600 franchises in the country for sales volume and customer service, and were awarded “SERVPRO Franchise of the Year,” which recognizes the top franchisee for loyalty, support, attitude and growth within the SERVPRO system. Founded in 1967, SERVPRO is a national leader and provider of fire, water, mold, biohazard and other specialty cleanup and restoration services.